Indonesia coco peat for sale
Cocopeat is a multi purpose growing medium made out of coconut husk. The fibrous coconut husk is pre washed, machine dried, sieved and made free from sand and other contaminations such as animal and plant residue. Cocopeat is a very good alternative to traditional peat moss and Rock wool. Its air filled porosity and high water holding capacity makes it, an ideal growing medium for the plant crops. It is 100% organic and eco friendly, free from soil borne pathogen and weed.
- Coco peat increases the porosity of the potting mix. This helps to keep the soil loose and airy helping in better root growth. Better root growth results in better plant growth and higher yield.
- Coco peat increases the water holding capacity of the potting mix even as it increases the porosity of the soil. This ensures that the plant does not suffer from overwatering or under-watering.
- High porosity, high water holding capacity and high cation exchange capacity together mean that the quantity of coco peat required per plant can be very less.
- Coco peat has excellent properties that make it a very forgiving hydroponic (soilless) medium. Being an organic medium it has high Cation Exchange Capacity allowing nutrients to be absorbed and released to the plants according to their need.
- Unlike peat, coco peat is easy to rewet. Dry coco peat is very hydrophilic and quickly absorbs water making it easy to use.
- Unlike inorganic medium such as perlite, vermiculite or rockwool, coco peat can be compressed to one fifth or less of its volume reducing transportation, storage and handling costs.
- Coco peat is a renewable media. It is extracted from the husk of coconuts. What used to be a waste product just a couple of decades ago is now one of the thrust areas for export for the Coir Board of India.
- Coco peat contains natural trichoderma which acts as a Bio agent against harmful pathogens. It provides a great environment for beneficial fungi and bacteria to grow.
- Coco peat can be pressed into a variety of shapes and sizes to suit all growing applications.
- Coco peat mixed with coconut husk chips provides all the advantages of coco peat while increasing the drainage of the mix.